Do you find yourself dreading the change of seasons from summer to fall? Because you’re about to struggle with allergies. While everyone around you seems to be excited about the weather getting cooler, warm sweaters, hot drinks and the gorgeous colors of fall, you wish summer would last just a little longer. Don’t worry; you’re not the only one who feels this way! There are plenty of other people out there that battle fall mold allergies. The leading allergens in the fall are:
- Dust & Dander
Because the temperature is cooling off, people often open their windows to allow the fresh air into their homes. At the same time, they are allowing airborne allergens to enter their house and cause mold fall allergies to flare up. It’s not a surprise that as the leaves fall from the trees and accumulate on the damp ground. Mold begins to grow on them.
Jumping into a giant pile of leaves may be a fun activity and look cute for family pictures, but doing so actually allows the mold and other allergens to cling to your clothes and shoes. Then the mold tracks into the house, into vehicles, into businesses and stores. A thorough cleaning is not just a good idea for spring. Fall can be one of the most important times to deep clean. To rid your house of all the things that cause mold fall allergies. Doing a deep clean will help clear the air of your house of pet dander and dust, which are also allergy triggers.
Our family has battled with allergens for years, especially in the fall season. We have discovered some ways to prevent and minimize fall allergens. We find that when we do a combination of the following; allergies reduce.
- Breathing essential oils can help your body fight histamine reactions naturally. We also minimize eating dairy, gluten, peanuts, and other foods that cause inflammation in the body. Avoiding these foods during seasons that your body is dealing with greater histamine responses, can actually reduce the overall inflammation in your body that causes allergic reactions to be worse.
- Oils recommended for fall allergies: immune-building blend, lemon, lavender, and melaleuca
- Oils recommended for spring allergies: lemon, lavender, peppermint and melaleuca
- Colostrum – builds the immune system, reduces inflammation and helps promote healthy gut flora
- Probiotics – building good gut bacteria can reduce allergy reactions.
- Enzymes – are becoming more and more popular for the treatment of many types of ailment. A daily regime of enzymes is beneficial for not only digestion but also the bodies ability to absorb nutrients. One specific enzyme that has been found to be very beneficial during allergy season is Amylase
- Ionic air purifiers are relatively new technology. We recommend air purification units that use Multi-Cluster Ionization. This is one of the most advanced and most versatile whole-house air purification systems on the market today. Using advanced technologies to eliminate odors, smoke, pollen, dust, bacteria, mold, carbon monoxide, pet dander, viruses, and much more. Noticeable pollution is reduced within 15 minutes. The most difficult air contaminates in as few as 24 hours.
We find that people who have mold in their home have greater allergy reactions during the fall season. Exposure to mold causes your body to be more sensitive to all air-borne contaminants. Some symptoms to look into that may be caused by mold exposure and not related to a normal allergy season reaction are:
- Ongoing and severe headaches
- Burning or swelling of the nose and throat
- Unexplained skin rashes
- Light-headed or dizzy
If you are not sure if there is mold, you should call for a mold inspection. FreshStart Restoration provides award-winning customer service at a fair price. Our technicians will work with you on a personal level to solve your problem and reassure your concerns. We enjoy helping you and your family enjoy the fall season without worrying about the presence of mold in your home or your business.