Spring Cleaning May Stir Up Spores

            It is almost June, and you’ve probably engaged in some sort of spring cleaning. In addition, it’s the rainy season. If you haven’t considered the potential for mold growth in your home or office, now is the time. Mold likes high humidity, and it likes warm and stagnates air. You may not have many places like this where mold could successfully invade, but there’s no harm in considering it.

Consideration is Key

            Regular mold testing is not a necessary routine for most homeowners. If you haven’t noticed any mold, and you don’t have any damp, dark areas in your home, you probably won’t have an issue. However, you really should consider whether or not mold could be an issue. Don’t have a kneejerk reaction of negativity. Mold can happen to anyone. That is why it is worth keeping an open mind and considering where there could be a potential for mold growth. Have a basement or crawlspace? Is it dry? There are many places in homes that go unchecked for extended periods of time.

Reactions are Key

            In addition to thoroughly checking any places with the potential for mold growth, it is also important to look for reactions to mold presence. Spring cleaning can stir up spores, and mold spores can be lurking practically anywhere. Much of the cause-and-effect relationship between mold spores and human health are not well-understood, but there has been enough anecdotal evidence to label mold as a toxic substance. If you have done some deep cleaning in your home and are now suffering allergies or other respiratory issues, you may have mold.

Know When to Call the Professionals

            Mold testing may not be a necessary test for the average homeowner, but if you suspect mold is a problem, you may want to get your home tested. Professionals will test areas of the home that are more likely to have mold present, and they’ll test multiple areas of the home to ensure they don’t miss any major mold problems.

            If you have visible mold in your home, then you should definitely call a professional. Once it becomes visible, you have a lot of mold present, and it can travel through air ducts or even on the bottom of shoes. Professionals know how to adequately and safely remove mold from the home, and they have the equipment to make sure nobody gets ill during the process. Neglecting to remove a mold problem from your house can become very costly if you don’t do it right the first time.

Please follow and like us:
error