Black Mold Removal Professional Services

Where to begin with black mold removal? Stachybotrys is commonly referred to as "black mold" is the most commonly known mold and the most dangerous. Black mold is toxic and can cause fear for any property owner that discovers it. Understanding the causes and the process of removing black mold can reduce the stress and allow you to make clear and educated decisions. When it comes to black mold, this is not a time to pinch pennies and go with the cheapest option. Black mold has a long-term reputation of causing severe illnesses.  Improper removal can cause serious side effects and extensive property damage. Using certified, experienced and properly insured mold remediation company is a must-have when dealing with black mold.

Where is Black Mold Found?

commercial black mold removalBlack mold can develop anywhere we have the three ingredients for mold: moisture, materials, and time. We most often find black mold in areas that have had moisture trapped for a length of time in an invisible area. Often behind drywall, cabinets, mirrors, carpet, floor joist and more.  One of the many large black mold removal jobs we have completed was in a large kitchen. The black mold was so dense that it grew vertically off the wall to over one-inch thick behind all of the kitchen cabinets. The mold was a result of a water leak from the upper level a year prior. The water restoration company that serviced their water leak cleaned up all visible water. However, they neglected to dry the hidden areas such as wall cavities, behind baseboards and cabinets. The result of this company's negligence resulted in a complete gut of a large high-end kitchen and risked the health of the family that occupied it. Unfortunately, far too often we service mold removal jobs due to the inadequacies of companies to properly dry or remediate properties from previous occurrences.

Stachybotrys Chartarum Mold

Of the most commonly known household molds, is “black mold” due to its slimy black appearance. Sometimes it's called “toxic mold". The mold itself is not toxic. It does produce toxic compounds called mycotoxins. Leading to severe health problems when people come in contact or breath it. Stachybotrys is known for its famous musty odor and usually grows in places that stay damp for a length of time. This is the most dangerous form of mold and should always be handled by a certified mold removal specialist.

Stachybotrys Chartarum MoldCHARACTERISTICS: Black or dark green. Slimy in texture.

WHERE IT GROWS: Walls, ceilings, floors, moist areas, crawl spaces, basements, attics, air conditioning vents, and more.

HEALTH EFFECTS: May cause cancer or Alzheimer. Severe respiratory issues, headaches, asthma, dizziness, joint pain, fatigue, depression.

Call & Speak with an Experienced Mold Professional

Do you have questions and concerns about mold? Speak with one of our trained and certified mold professionals today for a no obligation informational call!

816-287-4107 or 913-738-9040