Mold Symptoms from Exposure

mold symptoms from mold exposure

Are you living with unexplained health problems? Have you thought about the possibility that it may be mold symptoms from mold exposure? Do you know that mold can live and grow in a home or office without ever being noticed? Mold is a fungus that loves warm, damp, and humid environments. Also, mold thrives in areas with low sunlight. So, it is very common for mold to grow in unseen areas. The toxins mold releases are a result of decomposing natural organic compounds in the environment. Everyone can be affected by mold exposure. However, patients with respiratory issues or weakened immune symptoms are most susceptible to severe mold poisoning. Mold exposure can be a great threat to your health and can be a cause of unexpected illness.

Do you have Mold Symptoms?

Mold produces microscopic creatures, called mycotoxins, which cannot be seen with your naked eyes. It makes mold penetrable because mold can enter your body just by the simple act of breathing. Mold releases toxins that are harmful to humans and animals. Researchers estimate that about 10% of the US population is allergic to mold spores. Inhaling large concentrations of dust with mold spores may cause lung irritation, and in some instances a serious lung condition. If mold exposure is substantial, it can lead to sudden mold illness. Also, prolonged mold exposure will result in multiple mold-related illnesses. In more recent years, there have been many studies linking mold and health problems with significant diseases like Alzheimer’s and cancer.

What are the Symptoms of Mold Exposure?

  • Eye, nose and throat irritations
  • Frequent sinus problems
  • Skin rashes
  • Headaches and Migraines
  • Dizziness
  • Dermatitis
  • Diarrhea
  • Fever
  • Impaired or altered immune function
  • Allergies and asthma
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Neurological effects
  • Lung Infections or severe lung conditions
  • Altzheimers
  • Cancer

The people most at risk have severely compromised immune systems such as those undergoing chemotherapy, those with HIV/AIDS or those who have had bone marrow or organ transplants. Also, those with weak immune systems, like infants and the elderly, should realize that mold and health problems are linked. Looking for subtle mold symptoms in these individuals is vital in preventing serious mold-related illness.

One of the most important avenues of mold research focuses on damp buildings. There is solid evidence that damp buildings and exposure to resultant indoor mold growth are risk factors for developing asthma, not just in making asthma symptoms worse. The results from these studies indicate that the risk of developing asthma appears higher. However, people who are sensitive to mold allergens or those who have parents with asthma are not the only potential risks. Children are at a greater risk than adults. These studies emphasize the importance of cleaning up and preventing indoor mold growth. Eliminating moisture intrusion and reducing indoor humidity results in reducing the number of people who develop asthma. Including the frequency and severity of attacks for those who already have asthma.

Whenever mold is removed improperly, it will result in spores being spread throughout the property, redistributing mold throughout the property.  HVAC systems can create all three conditions for significant mold growth.  The risks of indoor mold growth are continually grabbing headlines.  Therefore, understanding mold and health symptoms begin the first steps in making educated decisions for keeping your home or office safe and free of mold.

Example of Suzanne Summer’s Mold Exposure Health Problems

You know about the famous actress Suzanne Somers, right? She has shared her experience of suffering from mold symptoms with her fans and her example is just one out of millions. By moving to a new house, contaminated with mold. Unfortunately, she and her husband were unaware of this fact. So, they just moved in and couldn’t figure it out as mold hides inside the hard-to-see places. After a few days, both she and her husband got sick and the condition grew worse with each passing day. One day, their doctors informed that she had cancer and her husband was suffering from the early stages of Parkinson’s disease. However, they later found out it was mold causing all those lethal symptoms.

Suzanne and her husband didn’t realize that mold was the actual cause of their illness. It is always advisable to take the above-mentioned symptoms seriously and see a doctor as quickly as possible. If you are concerned you may have a hidden mold problem. We recommended having a mold test and/or a mold inspection completed.