Terms & Conditions of FreshStart’s Services
By using FreshStart Restoration services you agree to and are subject to the following terms and conditions of service as detailed below …
General Agreement of Services
I understand that FreshStart’s technicians or representatives have informed me of services needed to be performed, costs, timeline and precautions on my part for having technicians and equipment operating in my premises. By ordering FreshStart’s services via telephone, e-mail, fax or website the client is agreeing to be bound by FreshStart’s Terms and Conditions of Service. I understand that the prices outlined in the attached Water Damage Work Order form are priced in close proximity with Xactimate insurance estimating program used by the majority of insurance companies as an industry standard for pricing restoration items.
Detection of Mold or Other Contaminants
In the case that a FreshStart technician while servicing your premises discovers and signs of mold or other foreign substances of an unknown origin which resemble thru visible indications of various forms microbial growth, active mold, fungi, bacteria or other conditions that indicate contamination; then such additional remediation of the affected areas may be required. FreshStart is not liable for any negligence resulting in contamination that develops prior to the date of service or 7 days after completion of service (completion date on this form). As the customer I understand that any failure to stop the source of moisture and/or treat and remediate the property from any form of contamination will result in continued and rapid contamination, property damage and potentially serious health risks to any occupants of the property; especially elderly, young children or anyone with lung, bronchitis, asthma or other types of breathing/lung disorders.
I understand that FreshStart will not be responsible for any of my failure to make sure that any of the following instructions are not followed:
·Temperature Control: Please do not open the windows or doors unless instructed by a FreshStart technician as this may result in a significant decrease in drying. Please minimize entering the affected rooms. Please set your thermostat to maintain an inside temperature between 68-72°F for best drying results and to prevent or inhibit any development of any foreign substance of an unknown origin.
- Loss/Theft: You are responsible for the loss or theft of any pieces of equipment left by FreshStart while they are in use for your property.
- Equipment Operation: You are responsible for the continuous operation of the equipment on your premises. Should circuit breakers trip and interrupt the operation of the equipment, please reset them. If assistance is needed, it is your responsibility to contact the FreshStart offices in a timely manner for help. Should you have any other power outage problems affecting the operation of the equipment, please contact FreshStart office immediately.
- Dehumidifiers & Negative Air Machines: Dehumidifiers reduce humidity causes an increased rate of drying. Negative Air machines filter the air reducing contamination in the air. Please do not turn off or move either piece of equipment or disconnect any of the drain lines setups by FreshStart technicians at any time without first calling the FreshStart office.
- Air Movers/Fans: Air movers and blowers are designed to increase the rate of evaporation, which in turn increases the rate of drying. Please don’t turn off or move air movers without first calling the FreshStart office. If moving unit is necessary, they must first be turned off and unplugged.
- Safety: I understand that there are exposed tack strips even when covered and that the floors are slippery and wet. I understand that I am personally responsible for any injury or accidents to me, my immediate family, house guests or any persons in my home during the use of equipment and that children should not be left unattended on or around equipment or exposed to affected area at any time.
Payment of Services
FreshStart will collect at time or service per the following terms: Private pay, non-insurance claims shall pay 50% prior to work beginning and the remaining 50% balance shall be paid in full at time of equipment pickup by FreshStart technicians or representatives.
Insurance Claims shall pay full deductible prior to work beginning and remaining balance shall be made payable to FreshStart as issued from the insurance company at the customer’s direction at the time of claim. If payment is issued to customer directly from the insurance company than customer resumes full responsibility to pay the full balance owed to FreshStart within 7 business days of receipt of payment from the customer’s insurance company.
Customer accepts the responsibility of damages for failure to pay per terms above shall incur a penalty fee of $500.00. If legal proceedings are required to be filed to resolve collection, the customer agrees to pay all cost of collection incurred by FreshStart, including attorney’s fees.
In the case of a complaint, FreshStart requires being notified within 7 days after completion of the water/mold remediation. No claims will be entertained after the above limit. If the Client is dissatisfied with the work, a FreshStart technician must be allowed to return and evaluate and possibly complete additional measures for a resolution at the expense of the customer.
We’ve made every effort to present accurate information about carpet cleaning on our website; however, we are not responsible for any of the results you experience as a result of applying any of the material presented on our website. FreshStart reserves the right to make changes to any part of these Terms and Conditions without any notice.
The Client must allow the cleaner access to water and power. All fragile and breakable items and all pets and children must be secured or removed during the time of service. In the case of water damage where furniture is required to be moved from an entire room, FreshStart will move furniture per rates outlined on the work order form.
FreshStart is not responsible for any interruptions or drying such as equipment being moved, turned off, unplugged, drain lines removed or continual exposure to moisture of any kind and is not responsible for drying not being completed by the initial projected date due to any of these causes. FreshStart is not responsible for any damage or ongoing health risks for any services that are refused by the customer at any point during service or delayed request of services by the customer.